Friday 15 August 2014

Hung pieces




Curating is something that interests me when it involves displaying work in unusual new ways. I am fascinated by composition. Although I enjoy a traditionally displayed piece of work I am intrigued by new possibilities and how you can be playful.

For this set of three works I decided to take a different perspective on hanging work and hung the pieces quite literally. Letting them float in mid air with the breeze catching them. I feel this is something that works with my ethereal style - the floaty element complimenting this.

Two of the pieces which are drawing and painting on tracing paper are in fact very experimental pieces, just when I was playing with imagery. I feel therefore the format shows them not taking themselves too seriously. Each piece also has the natural form that the drawing was stylised from, either resting on the work or hung above.

With the pink I did enjoy adding such a striking burst of colour to an otherwise sleepy monochrome.





www.sophieerin.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment